Monday, November 29, 2010

Greek Allusions by Sandeep Bhangu

The first allusion to Greek Mythology that I noticed was Nike. Nike was the winged goddess of victory, both in battle and peaceful competition. Nike is also an extremely famous shoe company. I believe that the company chose this name to compare their shoes to something that is extremely fast. By giving their shoes this name, it made people more interested. As we all can see, Nike is very popular in our society. The second allusion to Greek Mythology that I noticed was Amazon. Amazon was a female race warrior. Amazon is also a huge online bookstore. I believe that the company chose this to name to show that their company is extremely fast. Also to prove themselves better than other online bookstores. They are prepared take on any other company's prices. Now that I have actually looked around, I have realized that there are many references to Greek Mythology.

2 comments:

  1. I had no idea Nike got its name from mythology!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the same myths that I was going to write about

    ReplyDelete