Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Essay Reflection

I believe that I have improved a lot since the beginning of the year. I started off being very general and repetitive in my essays. I also had trouble fully discussing my thoughts and ideas. With the help of Mrs. Altman, I was able to improve my writing skills. I improved on my content in my essay and I'm now a little less repetitive than before. When I did the Bless Me , Ultima essay, I was able to see what I had improved on and what I still need to work on. I learned that I had improved on my content, but I still needed to work on my fluency/word choice. I also need to work on not being repetitive. I believe that each essay I have done has made me a better writer. Hopefully, I keep improving on my essays.

5 comments:

  1. I agree, but everythings a work in process. I read your essay and it was just fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the hardest things is making your essay flow while explaining you thoughts. Sometimes thoughts make sense in your head but they are hard to put on to paper. But practice makes perfect. Good luck!
    c.barton

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same for me, its so easy to be repetitive and I still have trouble with saying it in a different way and make the point clearer in different ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! I also have trouble with word choice, especially when I'm trying to put my ideas into words--it will become confusing at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had trouble as well with being very general and not entirely explaining my ideas.

    ReplyDelete