Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Essay Reflection

At the beginning of the year, I had a lot of problems with repeating and overexplaining myself. Often times I would say things multiple times to try and get the point across, which made the essay seem dull and repetitive. I've learned to outline my essay before writing it, which cuts out unnecessary explanations, opinions, and summarizing. i also had trouble connecting my paragraphs to my thesis. Although I'd see how it connected in my head, I wouldn't actually write how it was connected. On the Book of Fred essay I made sure each paragraph was clearly connected to the thesis. I think my ability to write essays has improved tremendously since the beginning of the year.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My paragraphs were never detailed enough. Like you, what I wrote made a connection in my head, but I didn't write it in a way that the reader could make the connection too. It really helps when you outline your essay. Although with all we've learned throughout the year, writing essays has become much less of a hassle now that we're all getting the hang of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hayley im very glad that you were able to foix your mistakes, i think we all are slowly learning as the year goes by!keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete