Monday, October 18, 2010

A Quote (The Book of Fred) // Michelle Zigler

"There was this shininess in her that I had never seen before in anyone else, and as I sat there, it just radiated all over me, dripping down on me like honey, or some kind of magic golden nectar." (pg. 186)


This quote from the section, Book of Roy from The Book of Fred really caught my attention. Roy talks about this strong feeling he gets from Mary Fred. It's as if her personality is this glittery pollen from a delicate flower that blows upon him. I've always wanted to be that person. I wanted my attitude to give people these great feelings. Unfortunately, my attitude has never been the best. My negativity definitely reflects poorly on others. But Mary Fred's character surely does inspire me to be like her. I want to give people the strong feelings Roy receives from Mary Fred. I want others to want to be around me for my optimism and free spirit and for them to pass it onwards to others. It may take me awhile to find that positivity and keep it, but it's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment