Thursday, October 14, 2010

Book of Fred Quote

"Like Mary Fred, I needed comforting . . . When I finally went inside, I walked through the house, turning out each light one by one, then lay in bed alone for a while, with darkness all around me" (Bardi 109).
It surprises me just how much of a tortured soul Alice is. Of course she must have went through a bad divorce, but there has been plenty of time for her to at least halfway get over it. It must be horrible to for years, fake a possitive attitude and constantly mourn while alone.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with the quote you chose. It surprised me how much Alice revealed how much she regretted her divorce in her part of the book. The fact that she had to put on a smile in front of her family, while feeling alone, is sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right it is really sad. Then she sees him totally recovered with a new wife and kids. That has to be really hard.

    ReplyDelete