Sunday, October 17, 2010

Book of Fred Quote

"When I think about it later, I realize that the truth is, I'm jealous. And it's the worst kind of jealousy, the two-way kind. I'm jealous of all those supid football people for taking M.F. away from me, and then the weird part is that I'm also jealous of her" (Bardi 136).

This is significant because Heather realizes she is jealous of Mary Fred for having what Heather wants, confidence. With Mary Fred's confidence comes her popularity. Heather never thought she could be jealous o fMary Fred when she first saw her when she got home from school.

4 comments:

  1. I agree. I find it very ironic how Heather is now the one who is having trouble fitting in, where as MF is doing great.

    -Sam Ingrassia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also think heather needs to just accept it and not worry about the little things with MF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's ridiculous how much people base their lives off other peoples lives. Granted, as a high school teen, everybody thinks the grass is greener somewhere else and wants to try out other people's lives, but there comes a point where it has to stop. Heather needs to get over her insecurities and focus on her instead of M.F. She would be a much better person if she did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with the quote and explantion. Heather is jealous of Mary Fred and her life. She wants to have the perfect life with the perfect family and friends, but that is just not possible. Heather needs to learn to see people for who they are and not what they look like. It is true that Heather is a teenager, but she needs to grow up. She needs to think about what is truly important and learn that material things don't really have much value. Heather should be thankful for her life and friendship with Mary Fred. She needs to get her prioties straight and become a better human being.

    ReplyDelete